Register for Free and enter your license types and numbers to view courses on the home page calendar that meet YOUR CEU requirements.
Attention NJ Licensed Electricians!
Courses offered by Strandberg now Board Approved for your Electrical License CEU's!
For in-house or personal training - Call 908-637-8557 or email Bob@StrandbergConsultingGroup.com
It’s Official - Changes to the Licensing Regulations
Changes to the Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm and Locksmith licensing regulations affect you! Changes to the regulations were published in the New Jersey Register on Dec. 16, 2013.
CEU CHANGES FOR ALL LICENSEES
· CEU requirements have been reduced from 36 credits to 24 credits per license in each renewal cycle
· Required courses have been increased from 8 credits to 10 credits. The additional required course is on the Law and Regulations that govern the trade
· The only credits that can be shared between licenses are the 10 hours of required courses
· Three credits on Residential Smoke Detection is still required for Burglar Alarm Licensees
· No More than 10 credits can be obtained by other than in person training (internet, video, self study, etc.)
· No more than 8 credits in excess of those required per licensee (regardless of the number of licenses held) can be carried over to the next license cycle.
BUSINESS LICENSEES AND QUALIFIER CHANGES
· A Licensed business firm may continue to operate for six months from the date of the business qualifier's death, incapacity, termination, or resignation provided the business immediately notifies the Advisory Committee of the Business Qualifiers change of status and provides the name of a licensee, supervising employee or other person with substantially equivalent experience to supervise all work performed by the company. This person must assume the responsibilities of the qualifier and ensure all requirements of the laws and regulations are complied with.
· A Licensee who resigns, is terminated or is otherwise incapable of fulfilling the responsibilities of a qualifier must immediately notify the Advisory Committee of the change of status.
· For good cause, the business may continue to operate for an additional six months under the supervision of a person approved by the Advisory Committee.
· After the initial six month period or six month extension, the business must either have a licensee to serve a s qualifier or cease operations.
LOCKSMITH LICENSE APPLICANT CHANGES
· Applicants for a Locksmith license must now complete 10 hours of required course subjects prior to application. The courses include two hours in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, two hours of Barrier Free Subcode, two hours in the Americans with Disabilities Act, two hours in industrial safety, and two hours in the law and rules governing the trade in NJ.
BURGLAR ALARM AND FIRE ALARM LICENSE APPLICANT CHANGES
· Applicants for a Burglar Alarm or Fire Alarm license must now complete 10 hours of required course subjects prior to application. The courses include two hours in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, two hours of Barrier Free Subcode, two hours in the Americans with Disabilities Act, two hours in industrial safety, and two hours in the law and rules governing the trade in NJ plus 70 hours of trade related subjects.
To see the complete text of the changes, as well as public comments, follow these instructions after clicking on this link: http://www.lexisnexis.com/njoal/
3. In the search box enter “45 N.J.R. 2603(b)”
4. Select “Natural Language”
5. Click on the “Search” button.
6. Check the box next to “45 N.J.R. 2603(b)”
7. Click on the search result “45 N.J.R. 2603(b)”
8. View or print as desired